There is no such thing as instant results. Even Instant Pudding has to be stirred for 2 minutes then chilled. If you are looking for a fast fix on your weight loss journey, forget it. It's the little, day-to-day changes in habits that end up making a difference over time. This blog is about sharing what I do, what I eat and how I stay healthy. Maybe some of the things I do are worth copying. Jump in and share what works for you, I'd love to hear and so would others! God bless. Elaine

Saturday 21 January 2012

Margarine in moderation

First, our daily mantra: It didn't go on overnight, it's not coming off overnight.

I don't put marg on my bread or my toast.

I used to, until many, many years ago I made a sandwich without it and couldn't tell the difference. Give it a try and see what I mean.

I don't put it on my pancakes or waffles either, just syrup.

Yes I have marg in the house. I buy President's Choice Celeb that is similar to Becel but cheaper. It's a source of polyunsaturates and omega 3 fats, the ones that are easier on your arteries than saturated and Trans fats. I use the Celeb in baking. I could buy the cheap stuff and save money but I don't want the kids (or me and my husband for that matter) having saturated fats unnecessarily.

Habits are contagious. Since I've never put marg on my sandwiches or toast, the kids don't either. They've never seen me do it, they don't know even know it's an option.

So let's recap. You've cut the sugar from your coffee, replaced the cream with 2% milk and cut the marg from your sandwiches. Isn't this simple?

4 comments:

  1. Habits. I must start to change a few of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easier said than done, Chris, ain't that the truth. But it's amazing how such little things can have a big impact. A lot like telling your kids how much you love them, day after day after day. Thanks for dropping in. E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and so true. Little steps every day and then you look around a few months later and realise the massive changes that have occurred. Hmmm, makes me want to write a post about Habits now! Lolol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenny, Thanks for dropping in! Yup, so true that the little things can really add up. Sometimes I think about the less-than-ideal habits I use to have and I shudder! Speaking of GREAT HABITS, hats off to ya re the yoga, I'm in awe. Hugs. E

      Delete